1. Personal data:
|Full name:||DOAN THI THUY DUONG|
|Position:||Lecturer, Dept. of Demography - Reproductive Health|
|Degree:||Master of Public Health (2012)|
|Tel:||(84-24) 2266 2320 (Office)|
|Address:||1A Duc Thang, Bac Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam (Office)|
2. Education/ Training:
- Bachelor of Public Health, Hanoi School of Public Health. Vietnam 2008
- Master of Public Health - Disease Control, major in Reproductive Health, Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp. Belgium, 2012
- Faculty member of Dept. of Demography - Maternal Child Health Care – Hanoi School of Public Health. Key responsibilities: giving lectures on reproductive health subject and qualitative research method (2008 to present).
- Field of research: maternal health care, policy, gender, sex raio at birth, prenatal diagnosis, health insurance, ethnic minority group, health equality
- Social inclusive cities. A joint project between Universities, NGOs and policy/practice partners in India, Kenya, Nigeria, the UK and Vietnam. (2017 – 2018)
- Improving the compliance of Early Essential New-born Care procedure in Hung Yen Obstetrics - Paediatrics Provincial Hospital (HYOPPH) in 2017. (2016 – 2017)
- Disability Inclusive Social Protection Systems Research. (2016)
- Improving acceptability of ethnic minority midwives (EMMs) by local community and health system in mountainous provinces in Vietnam (2014 – 2016)
- Development study protocol: Improving neonatal health in remote rural areas in Vietnam. (2014 – 2015)
- Gender equity in reproductive health and its related factors in 8 provinces in the Coast Centre in Vietnam. (2013 – 2015)
- Policy process, implementation experience, historical lessons and international dissemination of maternal and infant health and child nutrition in Viet Nam. (2015)
- Provision and utilization of reproductive health services among migrant workers in industrial zones in Vietnam. (2013 – 2015)
- Support for addressing inequities in health related MDGs in Vietnam, with a focus on maternal and child health. (2014)
- Political Economy of Universal Health Insurance Processes in Vietnam. (2013)
- Research Project HESVIC – Stewardship and governance in maternal health care in Vietnam, India and China. (2009 – 2012)
- Need assessment and design a cost-effectiveness intervention strategy on safe motherhood for UNFPA- supported provinces for the period 2012-2016. (2012)
- Review Research for Reproductive Health Research during the period 2006 – 2011. (2012)
- Review Research for Reproductive Health Research on Ethnic Minorities during the period 2000 – 2007. (2008)
International Peer - reviewed scientific articles
- Doan, D. T., et al. (2017). "Patterns of the utilization of prenatal diagnosis services among pregnant women, their satisfaction and its associated factors in Viet Nam." Int J Public Health 62(Suppl 1): 35-40.
- Ha BT, Huong NT, Duong DT. (2017). "Prenatal diagnostic services in three regional centers in Vietnam." Int J Public Health 62(Suppl 1): 27-33.
- Raven J, Liu X, Hu D, Zhu W, Hoa DT, Thi LM, Duong DT, Alonso-Garbayo A, Martineau T. (2016) "Using guidelines to improve neonatal health in China and Vietnam: a qualitative study." BMC Health Serv Res 16(1): 647.
- Doan, D. T., et al. (2016). "Utilization of services provided by village based ethnic minority midwives in mountainous villages of Vietnam." Int J Womens Health 8: 571-580.
- Duong DT (2015) Sex ratio at birth and the ideal family in Chilinh district, Vietnam. Vietnam Journal of Public Health. 2015 Vol.3(2) 29 - 38.
- Ha BT, Tac PV, Duc DM, Duong DT, Thi le M (2015) Factors associated with four or more antenatal care services among pregnant women: a cross-sectional survey in eight South Central Coast provinces of Vietnam. Int J Womens Health. 2015 Jul 16;7:699-706.
- Bui T. T. Ha,,* Scott Frizen, Le M. Thi, Doan T. T. Duong,1and Duong M. Duc Policy processes underpinning universal health insurance in Vietnam. Glob Health Action. 2014; 7: 10.3402/gha.v7.24928.
- Doan Thi Thuy Duong (2016). Reproductive Health: Textbook for Bachelor of Public Health (2016). Chapter 1. Introduction of Reproductive Health; Chapter 4. Equity and Gender in Reproductive Health Care; Chapter 5. Adolescent Reproductive Health; Chapter 8. Safe motherhood. Medical Publishing House.
- Doan Thi Thuy Duong (2016). Maternal and Child Health: Textbook for Master of Public Health (2016). Chapter 1. Introduction of Maternal and Child Health. Chapter 2.2. Adolescent Health. Chapter 3. Mornitoring and Evaluation Maternal and child health care services. Medical Publishing House.
- Duong Doan TT. Ha BT, Duc Duong M., (2015) Policy process in Maternal health care in Vietnam and lesson learn. Chapter 1. Overview of Maternal Health Care and Effective Strategies for improving maternal health. Medical Public House.
- Hong Duong T., Kieu Anh TT., Duong DTT. The situation of hepatitis B vaccination in Yen Dung district, Bac Giang province in 2015 and related factors. Journal of Preventive Medicine. Volume 1(174) 2016.
- Thi Le M., Anh Pham H., Duong Doan TT, Ha Bui TT, Tac Pham V. (2015). Accessibility and utilization of contraceptive method among mother delivery within a year in 8 provinces in the Coast Center in Vietnam. Journal of Public Health. Volume 12: 2(36).
- Ha BTT, Duong DTT, Nguyen NH, Tac PV, Huong LL (2014) Husband’s supports during pregnancy and child birth in 8 southern central coastal provinces. Journal of practical medicine 4(913): 63-67.
- Le Thi Vui, Doan Thi Thuy Duong, Dinh Thi Phuong Hoa (2012) The imbalance of sex ratio at birth at 7 communes/townships in Chilinh District, Hai Duong province, 2005 – 2010 period. Journal of Practical medicine (825) 6: 79 – 82.
- Bui Thi Thu Ha, Duong Minh Duc, Doan Thi Thuy Duong, Bui Thi My Anh, Doan Ngoc Tien Minh, Phan Thi Yen (2011). Review Research for Reproductive Health Research during the period 2006 – 2011. UNFPA.
- Bui Thi Thu Ha, Duong Minh Duc, Tran Thi Duc Hanh, Doan Thi Thuy Duong (2008) Review Research for Reproductive Health Research on Ethnic Minorities during the period 2000 – 2007. UNFPA.
Under reviewing process
- Doan, D. T., et al. (2017) Does village based ethnic minority midwives scheme associated with maternal health care services utilization? A community-based cross sectional study. Under reviewing process of Journal of Public Health Management & Practice.
- Doan, D. T., et al. (2017). Health facility delivery and associated factors among ethnic minority mothers in two mountainous provinces in Vietnam. Under reviewing process of Health Care for Women International.
- Nguyen Canh Chuong, Hoang Van Minh, Doan Thi Thuy Duong, Duong Minh Duc, Nguyen Duy Anh (2017). Progress on maternal health care in Vietnam: Findings from Vietnam Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey 2000, 2006, 2011 and 2014. Under reviewing process of Health Care for Women International.