1. Persional data:
|Full name:||LE THI VUI|
|Position:||Vice Head of Dept., Lecture, Department of Demography – Reproductive Health|
|Degree:||Master of Public Health (2005)|
|Tel:||(84-24) 2266 2320 (Office)|
|Address:||1A Duc Thang, Bac Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam (Office)|
2. Education/ Training:
- Bachelor of Economic, National Economic University. Viet Nam 1997.
- Master of Public Health - University Libre de Bruxelles- (ULB) Belgium, 2005.
- PhD candidate – Hanoi University of Public Health, 2015 - present.
- Faculty member of Dept. of Demography - Maternal Child Health Care – Hanoi School of Public Health. Key responsibilities: giving lectures on Demography subject and quantitative research method (1999 to present).
- Field of research: Demography, Demography - Epidemiology Surveillance system, Maternal health care, Sex ratio at birth, Health equality
Main research and project
- Researcher in Study on Epidemiological Characteristics, Diagnostic Methods and Early Intervention of Autism among Children in Vietnam (2016 – 2019)
- Principle Investigator in Stakeholder Mapping in the Implementation of 2009 National Guidelines on Reproductive Health (3/2015 – 8/2015)
- Coordinator in Saving Brains: Father Involvement in Vietnam (2013 – 2015)
- Researcher in Study on Neonatal Jaundice in Chi Linh District, Hai Duong Province (2011 – 2012)
- Researcher in Intervention to Reduce Alcohol Use Among Males in Le Loi Commune, Chi Linh District, Hai Duong Province (2010 – 2014)
- Researcher in Community-based Intervention to Improve Father's Involvement in Breastfeeding in Chi Linh Province, Hai Duong (2010 – 2012)
- Principle Investigator in Adolescent health project- Module 2: the risks and protective factors influence in Adolescent health. The Longitudinal study in CHILILAB (2008- 2014)
- Researcher cum Coordinator in Demography Epidemiology Surveillance system in Chi Linh (CHILILAB site) (2003 - 2012)
- Researcher in The Vietnam Multi-center Injury Survey, UNICEF, CDC and Hanoi School of Public Health. (2001)
- Researcher in Evaluation pills’ acceptance in rural Vietnam, Howard Delafield International and Hanoi School of Public Health. (2001)
- Participating in Male' involvement in family planning in rural area of Vietnam Hanoi School of Public Health, 2000 -2002. (2001)
- Worked as researcher in Exploratory work school girl’s sexual maturation and menstrual practices in Hanoi, Hoa Binh and Hung Yen. (2000)
- Researcher in monograph Reproductive Health of Major Ethnic Minorities from data of Demographic and Health survey 1997. (1999)
- Researcher in the second in-depth analysis of Demographic and Health survey VN-DHS 1997. (1999)
- Researcher on Adolescent Reproductive Health: Initial situation and impact of its contest. UNFPA, VIE/97/P12 Project. (1999)
- Researcher in Evaluation pre-competition on Adolescent Reproductive Health . UNFPA, VIE/97/P12 Project. (1999)
- Working as a researcher on "Promoting gender equality and male responsibility in reproductive health: baseline evaluation"- A study under the collaboration between Farmer’s Union, Women’s Union and Population research Consultant. UNFPA, VIE/97/P11 Project. (1999)
- Data analysis for ICOMP's study on "Adolescent Reproductive Health: opinions of policy makers, program managers and implementers" 1998, (1998)
- Associate, research on "Evaluation first communication campaign for Adolescent Reproductive Health", UNFPA, VIE/97/P12 Project. (1997)
- Working as a researcher for AVSC's study "Factors affecting the safe delivery of IUD services" 1998, (1997)
- Internship at Population Center of Hanoi National Economic University. Participated in survey design, data collection, data entry, data analysis, and report writing for the Evaluation of the effectiveness of Investment for Population Activities at Community level. (1997)
International Peer - reviewed scientific articles:
- Lynn A. Rempel, John K Rempel, Toan NK, Vui LT (2017). “Influence of father-infant relationship on infant development: A father-involvement intervention in Vietnam”. Developmental Psychology
- Vui LT, Duc DM, Anh ND, Chuong NC, Ha BTT, Cuong PV, Thi LM, Bich TH. (2017). “Sex ratio at birth in Vietnam: Results from data in CHILILAB HDSS 2004 -2013”. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, APJPH-16-Dec-705.R1
- Quynh NT, Thuy TTT, Vui LT, Quyen BTT, Hung TV, Bich TH (2017). “Prevalence of self-treatment practice and related factors among workers aged 15-60 in Chi Linh town, Hai Duong province, Viet Nam”. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, APJPH-16-Dec-699.R1
- Duc DM, Anh ND, Chuong NC, Vui LT, Son HN, Ha BTT (2017). “A secular trend in birth weight and delivery practices in peri-urban Vietnam during 2005-2012”. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, APJPH-16-Dec -706.R2
- Duc DM, Vui LT, Son HN, Minh HV. (2016). “Smoking Initiation and Cessation among Youths in Vietnam: A Longitudinal Study Using the Chi Linh Demographic—Epidemiological Surveillance System”. AIMS Public Health, 28/12/2016.
- Duc DM, Vui LT, Quynh NT and Minh HV. (2016). “Changes in Co- Occurrence of Smoking and Harmful Drinking among Youth: a study from the Chi Linh Demographic - Epidemiologic Surveillance System in Vietnam 2006- 2013”. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevantion. Doi: 10.7314/APJCP. 2016.17.SI 55.
- Bich TH, Hoa DT, Ha NT, Vui LT, Nghia DT and Målqvist M (2016). “Father’s involvement and its effect on early breastfeeding practices in Viet Nam”. Maternal & Child Nutrition. 2016 Oct;12(4):768-77. doi: 10.1111/mcn.12207
- Loc T Le, John Colin Patridge, Bich TH, Vui LT, Tuan DK, Ha NT and Thomas B Newman (2014). “Care practices and traditional beliefs related to neonatal jaundice in northern Vietnam: a population-based, cross-sectional descriptive study”. BMC Pediatrics. 2014, 14.264.
- Mitchell N Luu, Loc T Le, Bich TH, Tuan DK, Ha NT, Vui LT and John C Patridge (2014). “Home-use icterometry in neonatal hyperbilirubinaemia: Cluster-randomised controlled trial in Vietnam”. Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health. 2014, doi: 10.1111/jpc 12611.
- Osman Sankoh, David Sharrow, Kobus Herbst, Vui LT. (2014). “The INDEPTH standard population for low- and middle-income countries”. Global Health Action. 3/2014, 7:1, 23286, doi:10.3402/gha.v7.23286.
- Bich TH, Ha NT, Hien HT, Cuong PV, Vui LT, Anh LV (2013). “The Chi Linh Health and Demographic Surveillance System (CHILILAB HDSS”. International Journal of Epidemiology. 2013, 1-8; doi: 10.1093/ije/dyt 053.
- M N Luu, L T Le, B H Tran, T K Duong, Vui LT and J C Partridge (2011). “Skin Icterometry Improves Maternal Recognition of Jaundice but Not Care-Seeking in Rural Settings in Vietnam”. Int J Pediatric Research. 2011 70, 138–138; doi:10.1038/pr.2011.363.
- Le Cu Linh, Nguyen Thanh Giang, Luu Bich Ngoc, Nguyen Thanh Nga, Le Thi Vui (2016). Population and Development: Textbook for Master of Public Health (2016). Medical Publishing House
- Le Vu Anh, Tran Huu Bich, Ho Thi Hien, Le Thi Vui (2008). Demographic and Epidemiologic Surveillance System in CHILILAB: Introduction and research finding 2004-2006. Medical Publishing House
- Le Cu Linh, .. Le Thi Vui (2006). Population and Development: Textbook for Bachelor of Public Health (2006). Medical Publishing House
- Co-author: Burden of disease due to premature mortality at CHILILAB - Chi Linh, Hai Duong. Vietnam Journal of Public Health, No. 9: 11-19, 4/2012
- Co-author: Labor force characteristics in 7 communes/townships in Chilinh district, Hai Duong province in 2010. Journal of Practical medicine (843) 10: 90 - 94
- First author: The imbalance of sex ratio at birth at 7 communes/townships in Chilinh District, Hai Duong province, 2005 – 2010 period. Journal of Practical medicine (825) 6: 79 – 82
- Co-author: Sex ratio at birth and related factors in CHILILAB site. Vietnam Journal of Public health . No 10, 2/2008
- Co-author: Sex ratio at birth and related factors at Chililab, Chilinh district, Hai Duong province in 2005. Vietnam Journal of Public Health, 12/2007
- First author: Chi Linh Demography Epidemiology surveillance system (CHILILAB): The main results from 7/2004- 6/2005. Vietnam Journal of Public health . No 7, 1/2007.
- Co-author: Reproductive Health of Major ethnic Minorities Statistical Publishing House. 2000.
- Co-author: Initial situation and impact of its contest. Hanoi. 1999. Youth Publishing House
- Co-author: Promoting Gender equality and male responsibility in reproductive health. Hanoi. 1999, Women Publishing House.
- Co-author: The messages on Adolescent Reproductive Health: informative and memorable. Population Information (No. 6-1998), Center for Population Studies and Information, NCPFP.